Sunday, February 27, 2005

Learning Style Test

My results for the learning style test were not that surprising. See below for categories and my results:

The learning styles are:
Visual (spatial). You prefer using pictures, images, and spatial understanding.
Aural (auditory-musical). You prefer using sound and music.
Verbal (linguistic). You prefer using words, both in speech and writing.
Physical (kinesthetic). You prefer using your body, hands and sense of touch.
Logical (mathematical). You prefer using logic, reasoning and systems.
Social (interpersonal). You prefer to learn in groups or with other people.
Solitary (intrapersonal). You prefer to work alone and use self-study.
My scores were: Visual=9, Aural=16, Verbal=16, Physical=12, Logical=11, Social=13, Solitary=13. I’m most verbal/aural and least visual according to this test. I am certainly a verbal type person; as an instructor, I have to be. I find myself dominating conversations and feeling like I always have to be speaking—even when I’m not at school. I don’t really like this about myself, but it’s habitual. As for my lowest score in the visual category, I’m not so sure that I agree. I remember interesting things that seem a bit strange to some people. For example, if I could walk into my old elementary school library (where I haven’t been for 16 years), I could show you where my favorite books were on the shelves. When I hear songs, I "see" the videos in my head. When I think of conversations I had in restaurants, I can remember where I sat. I remember conversations in my car and what was around me as I was saying certain things. So when I say to my boyfriend, "Do you remember..." and he says, "No, I don’t," then I say, "I remember we were passing the Ford dealership on 10th street, and I was saying to you..." (Does that make sense to you readers)? So, to me that makes me a bit more visual than the test suggests.

I really don’t think the test results will affect my content that much. I think inadvertently my styles can be seen, but I do not consciously format or organize to meet a certain style. I just try to think about audience and getting my message to my reader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home