Monday, November 29, 2004

In the short rows, as they say

For those of you who may not be familiar with southern slang, "in the short rows" means that there are only a few more rows in the field. I always wanted to work in tobacco as a teen, but my dad would never let me. Why did I want to get up at 5am, work in 100 degree North Carolina heat in the middle of July, and come home exhausted and nasty? Money, of course. I had to settle for cutting grass in the heat instead quite a few years later when I could drive myself. Anyway the point of my rambling is this...the semester and the year is coming to a close. I know I haven't posted lately, but I have been working on my blog's aesthetics.

Deb offered some great comments and suggested that I personalize my space a bit more. Maybe you've noticed the changes; I've added a mini poll, headline news, and a cartoon-of-the-day (compliments of BRAVENET WEB SERVICES). I give a "shout out" to them--free and easy. I hope these additions make my blog a bit more inviting. I'd like your comments if you have a few minutes to spare. In the next week or so, I'll be posting my final project. To change it up a bit, I think I'm going to discuss trends in video games with an emphasis on what some people consider "educational." More later.......

1 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger smallishmom said...

CK,
I did some work on my blog to make it more aesthetically pleasing also-still need to add the links to make it more inviting though. We must have gotten the same comments.

I will mention one thing-because this happened to me and it took a while to figure out what was wrong. Your profile is starting below your posts. Why? At least one of your posts is taking up too much margin. Why? Because you are posting a long link that doesn't have a natural break like most strings of words do. If you replace the string with a shorter description, you'll solve the problem.

I look forward to your final project.

Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home