Thursday, October 21, 2004

Blogging Issues

Just a little info on the blogging process, problems I've encountered, etc.:

I love blogging! Or maybe it's fiddling with my own blog that I like so much. I am indeed...dare I admit it...a lurker. This, as my UNC peers know, means that I navigate silently through and around the blogs of others. I don't know if it's a voyeuristic quality or if I just want to give only pertinent feedback--either way, I plan to start making myself a bit more known. There's just such a stigma associated with being a lurker!! :0

I haven't really encountered any technical problems creating or maintaining my blogspot. My small but helpful background of HTML was imperitive in adding all the links and pics in my sidebar. I know that a couple of folks had problems in that arena. I definitely recommend getting a coding crib sheet; I reference it all the time.

Am I satisfied overall with my blog? Yes, but I'm getting very few comments, which leads me to wonder if my blog is too dry. However, blogs are (in my opinion) just as much for the writer as the reader. I've put my 2 cents out there--the rest is up to you--whomever you may be. I think that a blog should be evaluated based on its intent and overall purpose. If you get what is advertised--what you expect--then it should be considered successful. As for the author--I could care less as long as they don't claim to be someone they are not. The blogging community to me is like the old west waiting to be explored. It's a brave new world, people.

1 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Java Boo Boo said...

With blogger, knowing HTML is pretty important if you want to customize anything. As far as comments goes, it may not have anything to do with your content, but rather, simply not many visitors for whatever reason.

Try going to www.addme.com and registering your site there. It's free.

There's also something I've heard about recently called Blog Explosion, but I haven't checked that one out yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home