Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Cool Photoblogs

I'd like to say, "Thanks, Deb!" for turning me on to photoblogs. I wasn't really familiar with the concept, and after perusing the Web for our last assignment, I found a couple of really good ones. I put them in my blogroll (to your right); however, I want to give a little info to encourage anyone reading to actually check them out. The first one, Daily Dose of Imagery, is the "real" one. This guy takes real world pictures every day and shares them via his photoblog. Each day he posts a new pic with a caption, and you can backtrack if you want to see previous shots. Where this gets interesting is here: another guy decided to create a parody photoblog called Daily Dose of Generic Imagery, which is a sort of copycat site. The format is the same, and the shots are amazingly similar. It's fun to check them and do a day-by-day comparison. Try it for entertainment purposes!

1 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger smallishmom said...

Interesting blog about a blog. I guess I'm not educated enough in the finer points of composition; still I find it irritating for an "expert" to tell people that they shouldn't like something. Yeah, I get the parody-maker's point, but I liked the photography and thought the photographer was capturing some interesting shots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home